Thursday, January 12, 2012

My walk so far..

Why? Well I'm writing this blog to keep record of my walk with Jesus as a new Christian. I will tell how I was saved. I will tell the things I am learning and what new Christians think. I will try my best with the help of the Holy Spirit and my pastor to be honest and be real in what to expect when you realize Jesus has called you and you answer that call.
 It has been about 6 months since I have recognized Jesus as my saviour, he has been calling me for alot longer.  Mostly I want men who are like me to read this and would normally mock me,cause that's who I used to be, to read this. But I do hope  there will be something for everyone.
 Becoming a new Christian can be overwhelming. There is a TON to learn and READ, it can can make it seem impossible, and basically it is. However it should not prevent us from trying, for nothing is impossible through Jesus. (Insert Bible reference here) And its true we should for a start come to the Bible as a young child, "why" "how come" "why" and "Why?" and if your still not sure of something ask again. Hopefully you'll be blessed enough to have a pastor like mine that you can text message with a specific question and he will answer in a short time with more info than you even need, with specific biblical references that you can look up.
 Ok yeah a pastor, freaks my teenage daughter out. "You text the pastor?" "Uhm like yeah I do." They are people too. My pastor, Johnathan, is married, has a great wife a young child and one on the way. We talk about football....no not just Tebow... we discuss sports, life, food, stuff...guy stuff. Maybe I got lucky from the start I don't know but I'm happy to call him my Pastor.
  Ok enough for now I know its going to be a long walk. And I pray to share it with all who will hear it and if your reading this it includes you so thank you for reading and if you are a new Christian and would care to share with me that would be fantastic!
God Bless!

No comments: